This course offers the chance to develop skills and knowledge in two or more related fields of study at the intersection of media, business, design and new communications technologies. It offers the contextual study of the history, theory, ethics and criticism of the various practices, institutions and discourses in media, communication and information. Foundation skills and knowledge for work in the corporate media and information field are provided with a considerable breadth of expertise.
- Corporate Screen Production + Journalism/Public Relations/Marketing/Web Media
- Journalism + Public Relations/Marketing/Web Media
- The course is technology-centred and gives students real opportunities to work with commercial-level equipment and produce real work for print, film & TV.
- The course provides ample opportunities for practical learning and exposure to industry practices.
- Students can build their portfolio of work experience and meet industry professionals. Academic staff also maintain close contact with industry ensuring the course is at the cutting edge.
- Curtin Malaysia’s Mass Communication students have won numerous national awards and prizes for short films and documentaries in film competitions such as the AFP Short Film Awards, Program Karyawan Muda, Detik-detik MH, IGEM Dare to Dream Challenge, Naim Land Curtin Sarawak Short Film Competition and MUFORS Road Reels Short Film Competition – a testimony to the high quality of the course and the Department of Culture, Media and Communication’s teaching standards.
- The Media, Culture and Communication Department has state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to support learning.
Perth, Malaysia, Dubai, Mauritius, Singapore
February or July
View course information disclaimer
This page was last updated on 19 February 2024