This internet browser is outdated and does not support all features of this site. Please switch or upgrade to a different browser to display this site properly.

Student Pass (Visa)

All students undertaking full-time studies in Malaysia are required to obtain a Student Pass (Visa). The application and the approval to study in Malaysia must be obtained before entering Malaysia.

The Immigration Department of Malaysia issues and regulates the passes. Curtin University Malaysia does not have the authority to approve or reject your student pass application.

Electronic Visa Approval Letter (eVAL) and Single-Entry Visa (SEV) are not the Student Pass (Visa). Students are responsible for completing both the pre-arrival and post-arrival visa processes in a timely manner. All fees related to Visa Processing and Medical Examination is excluded from the tuition fees and should be fully borne by the students.

Before you arrive

As an international student coming to study at the University for a full-time course, you must accept your offer and apply for a student pass before coming to Malaysia to start your course. Do not make any arrangements to enter Malaysia until you have obtained the approval of your visa application.

During your studies

You must ensure that you have a valid student pass at all times and renew it on time to avoid needing to temporarily suspend your studies and return to your home country.

It is mandatory to submit your student pass renewal at least three (3) months before its expiry date. We advise you to set a reminder on your device to avoid missing this important deadline.

After your studies

Now that you have completed your course, your student pass must be cancelled before you leave the University. Failure to comply with this procedure will result in the University notifying the authorities: Police, Ministry of Higher Education, the respective Embassy/High Commission and the Immigration Department of Malaysia. This may affect your future application for a new student pass or other passes with the Immigration Department of Malaysia.

This process is also applicable if you are going on leave of absence, discontinuing or moving to another Malaysian institution for your studies.